Re:Sorcery Question answered

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain_RAMEAU_at_total.fr>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 09:47:59 +0100

Martin Crim wrote :

>Yes. It is two-fold: combat and mass-production. In combat, a one-point
>Form/Set Bronze can mold an enemy's helm into an unremovable
>sphere-with-a-hole-for-the-neck which blocks the enemy's sight completely.
>Way too nasty for one point and no resistance.

May be it is not the official rule, but I always auhtorized a resistance roll when a spell is cast on something within the magical aura of the target, even if not directly to the target itself. So, a resistance roll is possible to resist a form/set substance targeted at a helm. I consider this magical aura being a few inches around each POW entity, and generally covering its clothes, weapons and equipment, which cannot be affected by spells without a resistance roll (except when the spell description expressly says that no resistance roll is possible).

Cheers.

Alain.
RQ material at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ARameau