Re: catchup comments

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 13:01:14 -0800

Why does everyone seem to think the Jenarong, Hyalorings, and other horse people were that different from each other? One of them figured out saddles first. That seems to be the only clear difference.

Peter Metcalfe wrote

> when the Jenarong tribe meet up with the Hyalorings, they
> were suprised at the presence of alien horseriders who spoke an
> incomprehensible tongue and so called them the "Liars" tribe.

If I remember correctly, Greg said they were the "Liars" because they claimed to be the original horse folk.

> >I forget the name, but there is a type of rose plant (I think) which
> >produces a very thick, thorny hedge, very hard to cut through. I seem
> >to recall that it was actually used as a sort of outer defense at some
> >medieval manors.
>
> Gorse?

To be confused with John Hughes' Far Point campaign. (Where is John Galt?)

Mark Sabalauskas suggested

> maybe it would be a good idea if Gloranthan elves
> and dwarves were fond of each other

Easily accomplished. Set your game in the First Age. (One of these days I'll write up my many ideas for non-standard campaigns; there are many wonderful time periods one can use.)