Non Human PC's etc

From: akula_at_pipeline.surfnet.net.au
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:11:35 +0000

Non Human PC's

Many people feel that a human can't really play a non human, Why ? The thing is glorantha is a fantasy world , fantastic things happen but it has all come from the human mind each and every one of us has had to look into the non-human mindset in order to run them. Myself I have many non human characters most of which are rarely played but occasionaly I get the urge to play a dwarf / elf / troll etc.

IMG there is a dwarven pirate crew, a dragon newt Issaries trader , variuos trolls and trollkin , a newtling , agimor hunter (who knows his spirit is dead because of his banishment and many others. Now some of these are strange compared to the norm but that is part of the enjoyment.

  Sorcery

RQ3 sorcerers are undoubtably powerful characters but a large part of how you see them is how they are played. My own is a follower of Saint Erasmus of the Cup (otherwise known as St Erasmus of the Foaming tankard) and he wanders the country in search of a suitable site for an Abbey and Ride through/off license.

In Combat Sorcreres can be powerhouses but he can still be taken out by a decent Rune Lord or Rune Priest. Why? Because sorcerery is so slow. Unless a sorcrerer is prepared for the fight your average Windlord will blast him on strike rank 1 with a 5d6 Lightning Bolt.

As for form/set spells casting form/set bronze on a helm would definately call for a MP resistance roll.

Any comments?

Adam Betteridge.