to credit approval

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 97 17:58:43 CDT

& From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
& Or rather 'feel', to be nitpicky. But I presume most elves can pick
& up something most of the time, when within a forest, from ground covering
& plants, etc.

Exactly.

& >I proposed that the reason some elves become `rootless' was that they
& >are essentially deaf to the Song.

& I think this is a good explanation for rootless, rather than
& renegades. Rootless elves are those who simply aren't able to join the cult
& of Aldrya, and we were never given a real explanation for why - now we have
& a good one.

Now, all I have to do is find out why some become renegades...

& From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
&
& David Cake notes, on elven un-immortality:
& > But some are REALLY old. Can you really distinguish between
& > immortality and things that live for a thousand years and still consider
& > themselves young, as some redwood elves do?
&
& I suspect they get to 1000 years and consider themselves Very Old,
& Sonny, but indeed, this is more than lots of Gloranthan humans can
& distinguish. But the elves can, and just don't have the hangups about
& mortality that the other major races do, I think.
&

I recall a story somewhere in which the character (a human) lived among beings that lived maybe three years tops. He just could NOT convince them that he was not immortal. It's all relative, I guess.

Baron von M.

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election. - -- Bill Vaughan