Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #312

From: Arf <A.R.Wilson_at_herts.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:37:54 +0100 (BST)

> From: "John R. Snead" <jsnead_at_netcom.com>
>
> With the recent talk of just how alien various non-humans on Glorantha
> are I thought it might be useful to discuss just what non-humans are
> suitable for play in parties which interact with humans (ie most folks on
> Glorantha).

My choices for *playable* non-human characters would be:

Hsunchen: I don't count these guys as human, but I notice they're not on your list. One of my players has a Basmoli character based upon the description in ToTRM. I think these are good for inexperienced role-players as they can start off fairly one-dimensional and are easy to flesh out. (as is the case IMG)

Superior Trollkin: These guys are great, as they have a lot of reasons for adventuring, and can supply many hooks (again IMG)

Baboons: I think these aare brilliant for MGF, even as much as Trollkin, and I play them as NPCs whenever I get the opportunity.

Morokanth: One of these would make a great "dodgy merchant", especially as no-one really trusts them anyway, but I would limit these to more experienced role-players and those who are familiar with glorantha.

Men-and-a-half: I'd recommend for those who want to play a big warrior type without limiting intelligence due to low stat rolls (this fits the way I let my players roll stats: 3D6 X 7, then select where you want them)

Other non-humans I view as being too limited or alien to be PCs.

Just my 2 penn'orth.

PS - coming soon: Chik-an meets Tarantulor!

| a.r.wilson_at_herts.ac.uk | Would anybody like some toast? |