Martin's "Hykim Cults" article (Was Re: Hsunchen)

From: John R. Snead <jsnead_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:44:19 -0800 (PST)

After the mention of Hsunchen as non-humans I went back and looked at Martin Crim's wonderful "Hykim Cults" article which I pulled off the web.

I've always been unsure about one point in this article. The introduction talks about "Awakening the Beast". Does this mean that (say) the skill bonuses to Swim, Hide and Sneak gained when a Zuzim (Tiger Hsunchen) transforms into a tiger are kept once the individual returns to human form? Are these skills permanently raised in both human and animal form?

Also, what about abilities like the Bat Hsunchen's sonar, are those also kept in human form (rather a nifty idea that... maybe they get larger ears and somewhat odd-looking [though still basically human] faces too). I begin to see how Hsunchen can be seen as non-human.

Comments?