a little Hsunchen

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 20:55:06 +0100

John Snead says

>I've toyed with the idea of making the various Hsunchen shapechange spells
>reusable for Initiates and perhaps less costly. 6 pts of power for 15
>minutes as a lion seems less than useful, and to imply a pretty distant
>connection between the Hsunchen and their totem.
>
>Even if you allow Hsunchen to have a version of the Aranea & Gorakiki
>spell Transform Self (a sensible idea IMHO), it now costs 8 pts of Pow to
>transform into your totem animal for 6 hours. A bit more mythic, but
>unless it's reusable for all Hsunchen initiates, its not something anyone
>other than the Shamans will likely ever do.
>
>Comments, Ideas, Suggestions???

Sounds good to me...After all, these were the Bearwalkers, tiger sons et al of RQ2... It also strikes me as odd that "cursed" Telmori get to turn into wolves once a week whether they want to or not, but it is expensive for a "pure" one to do so.

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds - R.W. Emerson |