Ride 'em....reindeer?

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 04:54:15 -0400 (EDT)

David Cake noted...
> 	A friend of mine told me yesterday that he saw an excellent

> documentary on reindeer riders, from near Mongolia. He said the reindeer
> rider tribes lived a lifestyle that was very similar to Praxians, though a
> lot colder, living off their beasts almost completely, having a religion
> that is tied up with their beasts, and riding them.

        Sure it was _riding_ the reindeer? As I recall, they're relatively small compared other deer, maybe about waist high to an average man. They're certainly used to pull sleds and stuff in a team but unless some varieties are really large I can't see riding them.

         However, central Asia does bring up Yaks, which are fairly large and at least in the recent _Mythos_ CCG expansion _The Dreamlands_ (recommended, by the way) you can ride them with the added benefit that you can get rid of phobias while riding.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...