Playing Dragonewts

From: John R. Snead <jsnead_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 02:20:45 -0700 (PDT)

Most everyone agrees playing DNs is a bad idea, however, no one mentioned playing crested dragonewts. These folks are natural PCs. They are servants to the other DNs, so they have incentive to leave, they use normal magic, and they aren't godaweful powerful.

I do have a bit of trouble with playing something with 2D6 POW (your just spiritually inferior), so I'd either allow the person to play some type of sport with 3D6, or (more likely) allow them to raise their POW as easily and to the same maximum as humans.

Previous XP could be a mildly modified version of the XP table for Newtling DN slaves, and unlike playing a beaked or noble DN, if this PC lead the rest of the PCs into a DN city the other DNs would hand it a bundle of firewood to carry rather than snapping to attention or something.

Comments? Any reason not to allow such a character?