elves again

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 18:01:59 +0800

I like the idea that Genert = Gardener, but if the elves acknowledge Genert as Gardener, surely they would have a myth of Gardeners horrible defeat? Presumably at the hands of Chaos?

        As for Gardener = Flamal, I always thought that Flamal was much less tied to elf ideas of what plants are all about, and more general. Flamal is about plants just growing, Gardening is a an elven activity.

someone wrote about elven use of paper
>> (What a horrible concept--grinding and
>> cooking plants to write on.

        Here in Australia we have trees called paperbark (at least we do in the west coast). They aren't quite usable paper, but they are not very far off. A simple matter for an enterprising Aldryami to create true paper trees.

BTW - Avalon Hill is advertising on rec.games.frp.misc for people to work for them creating RQ4. The contact is a Mr Mark Hall. They say they are looking for game designers, but they also want you to do your own editing, layout, graphic design by the looks of it, as well as write scenarios, etc. Looks like they are repeating the classic AH technique of having one person do everything mediocrely.

        They are also looking for someone to sell to distributors for them.

        David