Sir Ethilrist

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:34:11 -0500

Malcolm Serabian:
> "The History of My Black Horse Troop", and I'm wondering if there is
> any info in that piece about a couple of items.
>
> A. What flavor of Malkonism do Ethilrist and his Knights follow?
> B. Who are the regular people of the County? Are they Orlanthi? Do
> they worship the Invisible God? What is there region of origin?

        I do not recall seeing any evidence that Sir Ethilrist is a Malkioni, or even a westerner/fronelan. Perhaps I have missed something? In the story of Ethilrist's defeat of Hungry Jack, he speaks of proving his heroic stature to the gods.... not a terribly western sort of view.

        As to the people of Black Horse County: 1) some will be retired veterans & their descendants 2) some will be locals that Ethilrist had to subdue when he claimed

   his lands. Don't forget that in the description of the Red Emperor's    giving Erigia to the Char-un, it talks of RE having done the same    thing to Sir Ethilrist. IE, give somebody rights to land not really    under your control, then give them a little help bashing the locals.

                Andrew

Drink Kalikos-Koolers!