Re: Reindeer

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 21:14:07 +0000

> Sure it was _riding_ the reindeer? As I recall, they're relatively
> small compared other deer, maybe about waist high to an average man. They're
> certainly used to pull sleds and stuff in a team but unless some varieties
> are really large I can't see riding them.

We don't have a lot of them around here, but I once visited a herd of reindeer in Scotland. While they weren't as big as modern horses, the shoulders of the males were higher than mine. I'll have said they were at least as ridable as a pony.

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml