Trickster and Yelorna

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 15:36:07 -0500

And the mortally offended Yelorna spoke:

Trickster, what you have done would be considered a mortal insult, punishable by death and dismemberment, were we in my homeland. In the wastes a pride name is the only thing which a warrior can own. Here, I know not your customs, though I know they are insane, nor do I know your laws. But I must tell you now that unless you immediately explain to my satisfaction what caused you to act like that, and apologize for your insult, and make a Humakti Oath to never again do it, then because you have done this to me I will kill you where you stand. If you do so apologize and swear, then I will not kill you, nor will I ever raise a finger in your defense, nor will I ever spend an ounce of effort to save your worthless life from the horrid fate for which you are undoubtedly destined, nor will I weep with your mourners but rather, I will dance on your grave. On this blessed horn I swear.

She laid her hand on the unicorn's horn, and as she finished she glared at the sweating Trickster...