Yelornan affront

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to those who offered eloquent ways of getting Velera out of her predicament...I considered several better ways of handling the situation on my drive back from L.A. to S.F., but as in the RW, it was too late to come up with the perfect thing to say for me at that point. The problem was, coming over from a Praxian campaign with a much more serious demeanor, I myself was as used to Velera receiving proper respect as she was, and was totally flabbergasted to the point of not being able to come up with any solution other than killing him.

Runequests players having gravitated to isolated "islands", I had not played in a game outside my standard play group for at least 2 years prior to the that episode, and I had also not played Velera for at least that long. Part of my disappointment was in my own inability to quickly handle the situation as I know Velera would/should have been able to do. The bottom line was not that Velera had a joke played on her, but that I as the player due to external influences decided to force Velera the character to act in a way that she would never have willingly acted.