illumination and heroplanes

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 15:17:01 +1200

V S Greene:

> Given that only Red Goddess Initiates can use Lunar Magic (the use
>of sorcery-like manipulations of spirit magic) and that they are all
>Illuminated, is Lunar Magic chaotic?

No. Lunars tend to divide the world into three parts: the Material World, the Divine World and the Transcendant World. The Transcendant world is where ultimate truths like the Invisible God, Cosmic Dragon and Nysalor hang around. To the Lunars, Chaos is part of the Divine World and Illumination is part of the Transcendant World. The Orlanthi do not know of a transcendant world and believe the Lunar concept of the same to be chaos.

Joseph Troxell:

>Has anyone worked up any notions of what the Hero (and/or God) Plane(s)
>physically look like? For example (and I don't like this, but it's
>something to throw out), would the Gods Plane look like the mundane plane,
>only the gods would have big fortresses and mansions dotting the landscape?

If you mean the Heroplane as in places like the Luathela, Giant Land or Umaliath then it looks like what the inhabitants made it. But in places where the mortals go to met their gods (ie Throne of Yelm, Orlanth's Hall), then it tends to look like their beliefs of what the place is like.