What does the HeroPlane Look Like?

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:12:44 GMT

I think that to mortal eyes the HeroPlane (GodPlane too) looks like the Mundane world (we mortals are built to see things in one way: how it looks to the regular inhabitants is another question) but with everything brighter, more intense and sharply defined. The HeroPlane should be more 'real' than 'reality' is.

I think that the confusing thing about the HeroPlane is not the individual places (nodes of decision and action) which will look like Castles and Steads and Bridges and Halls of Infinite Knowledge and so on. The confusing thing is what happens when you try to move from one place to another. The paths that connect places on the God Plane are not confined to the three dimensions that mortals know (although mortals can only perceive them as three dimensional) but are connected by paths and through dimensions that have more to do with ideas and imagination than geometry. Which is why persuing the paths that your cult has properly explored is so much safer than 'leaving the known track'.

("After you have left the Hall of Scrolls look for the Broken Plinth and speak
to the Drunken DragonNewt you will find there. He will give you a Heavy Piece of Wood which you must take to the Crossroads guarded by the Scorpion Man. Hit the Scorpion Man with the Heavy Piece of Wood and then follow the Road on which the Scorpion Man's head lands. DO NOT TAKE ANY OTHER PATH THAN THIS: Great Uncle Padrig did that and we never saw him again!")

Yes, I know it sounds like a cheat sheet from a computer game. That's how I think of it.

Hope that's confusing....
- --
Michael Cule

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo
(Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles:
Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.