Cultural Relativism and Basmoli

From: Troll_at_nochet.demon.co.uk
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:53:28 +0000

Whilst I don't disagree with cultural relativism, and welcome it, let me look back at Cults of Prax and so on and see that what was cool about those was that they did state that Praxian nomads were X Y Z and that this wasn't a game mechanic it was palpably true.

What was then cool was that other publications then came out and flatly contradicted them, and we began to see that what was true from one culture wasn't from another.

I am sorry if I ruined people's Basmoli, I just really liked these hsunchen as not just believing with their heart and souls that they were lions, but showing the physical attributes of it. It must be said that maybe the sheer magic of Glorantha has changed these hsunchen, or maybe they really are lions who have been cursed with the Man Rune, who knows? What the Basmoli believe and the article is to create Basmoli characters, is that they are lions, full stop, end of discussion.

Hey, you don't like it, just understate the physical characteristics, ok?

Tom <g>