Re: Ernalda Cult Write-up

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:39:14 +0100 (BST)

Christoph Luehr asks, quite sensibly:
> Is there anywhere a Ernalda Cult-writeup around ? I own a lot of
> Glorantha stuff, but can't find it anywhere.

In the "Deluxe RQ" box, I do believe. (OF all places.) Book 5, Glorantha, I presume. Presumably this is yet another item which is about to vapourise forever, as neither AH nor Chaosium have the rights to publish it. D'oh.

> BTW, if a Orlanth-Initiate changes to Humakt, does he lose his spells
> imediatly ? And what about his spiritmagic. Does he lose these, too ?

Normally, an initiate in this position gets to keep all his magic, aside from any the spirit of reprisal takes off him. (Under no circumstance is it _renewable_, of course.) _But_, as I suspect Christoph may be getting at, Orlanth/Humakt is something of a Special Case; the mythic precedent would suggest there's a formalised severence ritual, which may well involve on the one hand, being protected form the apostacy SoR (I forget if there is one, though), while on the other having to give up all magic learned from Ex-Brother. Or at least that something on these lines be not uncommon -- I'd not claim it as a universal practice.

Afterthought: I forget the exact effects of RQ3 Excommunication. Hrm. Big caveat, here...

Betting he gets to keep his Bladesharp 8, though, Alex.