Elven Wooden Weapons

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 21:19:29 +0100

Sorry that I'm relating back to stuff that's about 10 digests old, but I'm slack at checking my mail at the moment. (Too much Mythos) Anyway, someone mentioned about wooden swords being no good as they deform. True. However, if any of you have ever been hit with a nunchaku or a willow branch (the ones that you can get a real good 'whip' with), you'll know just how much damage they can do. FYI you can break bone using a force of 8PSI, (if you hit the right bone at the right place), with a power swing from a nunchaku you can, if you're good, produce 1600 PSI. Also martial artists get trained with wooden bokken and bo/jo sticks. And, of course, there's kendo. So remember that just because wood isn't as tough as steel, don't be making the mistake that it can't mess you up real good.

        Mind you, I still prefer the home grown copper arrows, it sounds much more Gloranthan to me.

And for Rob, yeah, I'll run something for all those crazed non-human NPCs if/when I get to Vancouver. You're paying for the beer tho'.