Kills bugs dead

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:21:52 -0400

David Cake wrote:
>The most common method is simply to use the
>sorcery spell Tap Pow - spirit Tapped to Power 0 is gone, destroyed
>utterly.

Read the spell description. Cannot lower a stat below 1 (sorry).

I really liked the article though. It should be in everyone's library of Gloranthan/FRPG articles. Note that the best thing to do with a spy may be to hold him in a slave collar or your temple until his knowledge is no longer useful, then kill him. Great story potential.

A related topic: maiming people so that they stay maimed. Mike Dawson had a PC in my last campaign who had had an arm removed permanently in a Dart War. It was kind of a macho thing to be able to go up against someone who can maim beyond the ability of a Regrow Limb spell to work, yet survive. It served to balance the character, sort of like a 40 point disad in GURPS.  We figured that an exotic magic could do that, and that it was reversible by 1) retrieving the limb from the guy wot dun it or 2) personally asking Queen Deezola or some similar figure for help, and getting the god's attention and approval.