Common Magic

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 03:12:55 -0400 (EDT)

Stephen Martin noted....

> In other words, shamanism could be made into
> a different type of magic system altogether, separate from Spirit Magic
> (whcih I prefer to think of as Common Magic or Universal Magic, since I
> don't believe the cults use spirits to teach it, and I think it is the
> Low Sorcery of the West, taught like any other spell).

        I rather like the idea of Low Sorcery that is roughly like Spirit/Battle Magic, partly because I think that sorcerors should be able to reproduce most of the magics of the rest of the world and partly because the Westerners are screwed as far magic for the rank and file common folk under the RQ3 setup. I've pictured Low Sorcery as being simple compared to other sorcery and not manipulable.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...