Death and other things

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:05:25 +0200

David Cake:

> Brithini Blades, Jraktal Knife

Shudder, that's what Red Vadeli warriors will use in my Glorantha

Jane Williams:

>I seem to remember once listening to an explnation fo the differne German
>wines, in whcih I'm sure I remember something about grapes left on the
>vine so long that they become extremely sugary and make small quantities
>of a really wonderful wine. Sincethey're left on till first frost,
>they're known as "winter grapes".

Eiswein, made in December or January. The grapes are harvested after a night with temperatures lower than - -13 degrees Celsius (I think). The water in the grapes has then frozen and can be filtered away, leaving a very concentrated grape juice, which is both sweet and with a high acidlevel (as opposed to the juice from botryticized grapes which has a low acid level).

Eiswein is made mainly in Germany and Austria. The only one I have tried was excellent.

/Nils W