On Time, Reality and the Great Compromise.

From: Lorne D. Booker <booker_at_baynet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:11:25 -0400

Personally, I think that there was time before the Great Compromise but, I don't think that it was linear or regular. I think that reality was very subjective and that the compromise solidified it to a degree. The distances between two objects could be great or short at different times.  At times you could cover a great distance in a short time and a short distance in a long time. At another time you could begin a journey and get to your destination before you started. These things could shift without warning. Only an act of will like those used in heroquests could impose order. The gods would battle over reality in an effort to form the world in their own fashion and the trickster had a hayday. The Great Compromise is a sort of cosmic peace treaty and it could fall apart if the gods willed it to.

Lorne D. Booker