How to Serve Elves; Cultural relations from a trollic perspective, a culinary guide.

From: Lorne D. Booker <booker_at_baynet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:50:26 -0400

How to Serve Elves
Cultural relations from a trollic perspective. A culinary guide.

The standard practive in eating Elves consists of starting at one end and finishing at the other. Some trolls prefer to start with the limbs first (beginning with the arms at the hand and the legs at the foot) and then moving on to the torso. In either case variety consists of altering the order of ingestion. While this technique is gratifying it offers a limited diversity to ones diet. A greater assortment of meals can be achieved if one follows the practices of the true connoiseur. All employ the Elf as the primary ingredients.

Some of our darkfriends will quickly tell us, "There are only so many body parts on an Elf. I have counted again and again and I know this to be true. How can these be varied futher?" While it is true that the number of body parts on an elf are limited one should remember that there are several different kinds of elves one can eat. Additionally, there are a great many forms of vegetation which differ vastly in taste.

The clever troll will already see the value of this. If one takes into account the various breeds of Elf at her disposal and also the many forms of vegetation that can be garnered by a properly servile male she will see that an infinite variety of meals are at her disposal.

She may be quick to ask "How do I know if I will like any given mix of foods?" The answer to that is simple; experiment, experiment, experiment.  With such a great variety of foods to choose from we can only suggest those that we have tried. So in order to get you started we offer you these suggestions.

Runners make an excellent salad. They have leafy hair which is easily mixed in a bowl with other vegetation. Trollkin blood makes a nice dressing.

Mashed roots: Take the roots from your favourite family of Elf and mash them into a pulp. Add cows blood and mix. These can be served with our more meaty prey. Some roots are said to be an aphrodisiac.

Eyeball soup: Collect the eyeballs from several elves with water, mix with your favourite tidbits, cool, shake and serve.

After a few months of experimenting you will be able to offer suggestions of your own. Happy Eating. Let us know what you discover.

Rotund Gobbleguts.