Old Wind Temple

From: Malcolm Serabian <R_Carter_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 97 01:07:10 UT

After a long campaign in Prax I've decided to start a new campaign in Dragon Pass. I've been searching for a place to use as a headquarters for a group of adventurous PCs from various Orlanthi cults.

In my quest to find all the info I could on the places in Dragon Pass I stumbled upon John Castellucci's article on the Old Wind Temple from way back in the old RQ Digest days. I liked his idea of using the temple as a staging ground for a rag tag army of rebels, but there were other parts I didn't care for. So... I'm wondering if anyone has visited the temple in their campaigns, or if anyone has any not so widely available information on this site.

I have what's said in the Glorantha box, and the one reference of any substance I can find in King of Sartar is p44 under Saronil "He directed and financed the beautiful reaching towers of Wind Temple." The picture on the Dragon Pass game map shows a Wind Mill. I kind of like the idea of a series of beautiful wind mills comprising the temple...these could be the "beautiful reaching towers" built by Saronil. The only problem is I can't figure out the reason for the temple to be a/a group of Wind Mill(s) besides the symbolic value.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

And...thanks to all for your responses on Sir Ethilrist and Black Horse County.

One last thing...it seems from KoS that the Stormwalkers have been renamed the Thunder Brothers. Any comments?

Thanks
Malcolm
R_Carter_at_msn.com