Aimed shots & DI

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain_RAMEAU_at_total.fr>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:13:18 +0200

Peter Maranci wrote

> There are two points that I'd like to get some feedback on.

On the first one, I would play that all hit the head.

On the second point, the result of the DI should be in line with what the god is able to do and the level of the POW point lost. I am not sure Chalana Arroy is able to transport people at will (she is not Mastakos!)! Even if GM accept it, I would allow only one character transportated per POW point as this is not standard Chalana Arroy power !
I rather play DI in those case as giving temporarily access to high-level Divine Spell, or a specific power. A healer god, especially if the Priests are also Shamans, could be able to do complete exorcism ! But generally, I do not play "You asked for exorcism and you succeeded in DI, so OK the possessing spirit is now gone !". I would rather request the healer to do himself the exorcism, but with the help of his god, either through a temporary increase of POW or the assistance of a huge healing spirit coming to help the healer, the size depending of the POW sacrified !
On the possibility to extend DI to other characters of a group, I consider that DI is very personnal. It may exceptionally benefit to associated cults, but for others, the only help is indirect, due to the fact the affected character become temporarily more powerful.

Alain

Home page dedicated to RQ, with brand new presentation at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ARameau/rq.htm