Re: DI

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:19:28 -0700

Peter Maranci wrote of

> the Healer in the group did a one-point DI to transport the
> party and girl back to their home village, far from the combat

Lucky rolling! (Or were you using the more-abusable RQ2 rules for DI?) Given that in the current edition of RuneQuest, Divine Intervention is kind of risky, I'd be perfectly happy rewarding someone who sacrificed himself for someone else like this.

Of course, by the scaling principle, 1 point of DI should not give the effects of many points of teleportation.

And I don't think you usually get a chance to choose whether to be part of a DI.