DI

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:22:55 +0800

        While I have some sympathy for the 'gods can only do what they are known to do' school of thought on DI, I generally say that most gods will heal or teleport. I think that most gods have access to fairly serious healing magic (at least the equivalent of a heal wounds with effectively infinite magic points, and no time delay) and I consider that teleport is not necessarily the same thing as the Mastakos spell, but something more like a magic road heroquest effect. The character is taken into the heroplane by the gods servants, briefly taken to some safe place there, and replaced in some possibly distant place. I also find this convenient as a GM - sometimes a big dramatic DI is great, but where its just an average fight that happens to have resulted in someones near death, its much more convenient to just heal them or teleport them away, whether its within the gods purview of not.

        I also say that most gods have the ability to reverse evil magic, or at least instantaneously prevent it from happening, whether its applicable or not. I'm sure I'd let DI to, say, Issaries prevent someone from being turned to stone or Sever Spirited.

        Cheers

                David