Various comments

From: Thomas Gottschall <Telmori_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:55:32 +0200

Hi everyone,

Trent Di Renna wrote :

> If what was said is correct, then one-use divine/rune magic seems almost

> useless. It certainly couldn't be used with any regularity, or the

> caster's POW would drop to nothing fairly quickly. I like what somebody

> said about the spell "coming back" on holy days, though; this makes the

> spell somewhat more useful.

I think it was Nick in Tales who wrote that. I like it also. But there is a reason for

the POW sacrifice. Your chance of casting the spell is very high. I.e.

you are sure that it will work. It's not like well maybe it will, but

what if not ? You are sure it will and so you must pay therefore.

For subscription of TALES OF THE REACHING MOON try to email David Hall :

100116.2616_at_compuserve.com (This fanzine is my No.1!).

David Weihe wrote:

> The more likely answer is just that the Sartar Telmori have "rewritten"

> their oral history to have themselves on the "right" side -- look what

> claiming to worship Yelm's Bane has done for the Orlanthi whenever the

> Solars have been powerful.

So again I have to defend my race. I say that there is a difference

between BEING chaotic and DETECT as chaotic. The first is to use chaos

to the best and not to see it as a weakness but as a strength. But we

Telmori are detected as chaotic while we believe that chaos is evil

cause it destroys and perverts life itself. From a Uroxi point of view

it may be no difference but it IS a great one.

Question 1 : Does anybody know the "real" (I know that there is no

ultimate Truth but I ask anyway) story of what happened to the Telmori

and if they were cursed or blessed ?

Question 2: Would there be a difference between what happens to Telmori on wilddays and between the spells of mighty Telmor. I think there should be one because the first one is chaotic the other isn't ?

Robert McArthur wrote:

> Well, you don't have to be suprahuman to shrug off the normal sendings of a God

> if you have some help - many of the spirits of retribution are only 20-30 POW.

> Spirit shields or variants would succeed quite well, as well as friends to help

> smash the spirit up. Since they did not actually worship the God, and with a

> bit of GL secret knowledge, the spirit is visible and smashable by any friends.

Yes I agree. But you have to be suprahuman to go on the God's Plane to

one god and say to him something he doesn't want to hear. And since GL

travelled on the God's plane a lot they had to be somehow immune to the

gods, no ? The GL stole perhaps not parts of the God's plane but of the

Gods themselves. First most gods said, well it doesn't matter when

this or that god becomes weak I am even stronger then. But after a while

they took so much that the gods became frightened and worked together to

destroy them. One god alone was helpless but all together meant

destruction. And so they are extinct now, praise Telmor.

Question 3: In which direction does Magasta's Pool spin and why ?

bye