Orca

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:07:24 -0400 (EDT)

Peter Metcalfe chided:
> I would have thought that a Uzophile would have remembered that there
> are two troll populations that are near the shore. The largest one
> is Koromandol which is north of Bliss in Ignorance. This would be
> ideal for the previously postulated troll culture. Of course they
> are also known to worship bloodthirsty gods such as Basko and Yongley
> Bongley Boo. There is very little danger from sea radiers because it
> borders the Sea of Fog - which Uz Darksense can penetrate and human
> vision cannot.

The shame, the shame! I'll never look my Karrg's Son in the eye again.. ;)

The Jruztela (ho ho) were protected by the Closing (until Dormal), and the Ignorance Uz are off in a godforsaken corner of Glorantha (since the Kralorelans aren't big on ship expeditions, and they sink anyone else's that pass by), so I consder them to be in "remote/inaccessible" areas. I can't remember -- was the Sea o' Fog a Closing effect?

Thomas Doniol-Valcroze sez:
> Hence the fact that killer whales do not attack mankind.
Really? I thought they'd snarf down one if they got hungry enough. Heard a lot of stories along those lines (a lot of fishermen where I grew up), but fishermen's tales are not _always_ accurate... ;)

'Course, the Orca buddies of the trolls will attack mankind. Bwah hah hah. Go my watery brethren! Sink their feeble fishing boats! Bwah hah hah! Wrecking ships stikes me as a proper, trollish behavior...

> (Note: this has nothing to do with my personnal belief that whales do
> come from outer space... :) )

Which begs the question: where do the Gloranthans think they came from? They're different enough from the fishies that I'd think someone would notice...

> Anyway, I must admit that orcas do have much in common with trolls:
> they eat everything they find, they have sonar, they are matriarchals,
And for Killer Whales, Dolphins are trollkin! ;) It is true that Orca eat dolphins...?

If true... then the Orca-Uz would have a nice set of Human-Dolphin enemies to kick around...

> Huh? "dread Sea Lions"? Have you seen what killer whales do with sea
> lions?... :)

Explains where the Sea Lion Hsunchen went to. (Urp)

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #363