One-Use Rune Magic

From: Trent Smith <tfsmith_at_POMONA.EDU>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 13:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

     People have been talking about one-use Rune magic for initiates. Here's the way I handle it:

     Since I also use a variant of Pendragon's Personality Trait system, I allow annual HHD renewal in the way Nick B suggests, but only to those initiates who are "vituous" (i.e. who have 3+ of their Cult's Virtue Traits at 80(16)+). This works well for me as it doesn't increase the usefulness/power of one-use spells quite as much, and also gives a tangible in-game benefit for those powergaming players who otherwise think of Personality Traits as little more than a waste of time.

Trent Smith
(I post less often, but I've been here longer than that OTHER Trent)