telmori

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 13:37:10 +1200

Tim Ellis:

>I reckon that [...] "cursed" Telmori are, if anything, chaos-tainted
>(like cave-trolls) rather than chaotic (like Broo). They are to be
>pitied rather than hated, certainly within their own societies.

Why would anyone want to pity Telmori? I don't see people pitying Ogres who are just as chaotic. I do not believe that Telmori engage in mass angst rituals about the curse. To them, it's a natural part of life like growing old and dying is for most humans.

>When some, or all of them went over to
>the Lunar side it was probably because the Lunars were prepared to
>accept them for what they were, rather than hate and fear them for it,
>and may also have used illumination to free the telmori of their own
>hatred of the curse.

When did the Telmori go over to the Lunars? They were loyal to the Royal House of Sartar and after the Lunar occupation destroyed the Maboder who were Lunar supporters. This resulted in their subjugation by Jomes Wolf, a state of affairs they are far from happy with IMO.

The Dorastan Telmori certainly aren't pro-Lunar and have been known to help out in Chaos raids out of Dorastor. Of course the chaos of Dorastor probably can control them somewhat through their curse.

>They may additionally have been able to persuade
>the Telmori that The Red Goddess was more likely or more able than
>Sartar to free them from the curse.

There is a lunar cure for the Telmori and it was devised by HonEel the Artess. It transforms your average Telmori into a wolf and was used to cleanse Sylila of the Telmori.