Telmori Troubles

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 11:58:11 -0400

Some confusion between Tim & Peter?

Tim:

>> When some, or all of [the Telmori in Sartar] went over to the Lunar
>> side it was probably because the Lunars were prepared to accept them
>> for what they were, rather than hate and fear them for it, and may
>> also have used illumination to free the telmori of their own hatred
>> of the curse.

Peter:
> When did the Telmori go over to the Lunars? They were loyal
> to the Royal House of Sartar and after the Lunar occupation
> destroyed the Maboder who were Lunar supporters. This resulted
> in their subjugation by Jomes Wolf, a state of affairs they are
> far from happy with IMO.

Two "possible" goings-over spring to mind:

  1. The Telmori supported the Lunar puppet Temertain despite the objections of Sartarite rebels -- though this was more likely down to their devoted (I might say dogged) loyalty to the House of Sartar, rather than any pro-Lunar sentiment.
  2. The episode documented in "Argrath's Saga" (whereizit?) when evil Chaos filth spews forth against Good King Argrath from Snakepipe Hollow and a simultaneous Telmori uprising. If we note that the Telmori are devoted to supporting the TRUE heirs of Sartar, this maybe tells us something about the validity of Argrath's claimed descent...

Nick