Lady DI again...

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 16:22:26 -0400 (EDT)

Tim Ellis notes....

> However you play DI, I don't believe it is possible to use it to rescue
> a third party (certainly without exceptional circumstances). There is
> no real tie between the deity and the recipient for a start.

       Ah, but the rules specifically allow that; see page 24 of the magic book. Remember, the character is making a sometimes rather healthy sacrifice while requesting this wish from the god.

       Not that anybody has to rigidly follow the rules, of course. Depending on one's asthetic vision I suppose one could limit assistance to others to the requester, to associate cults of the caster's god, to friendly cultists. I do think it should take quite a bit to save followers of a _hostile_ cult, but why would one be adventuring with them?

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham....