Humakti sever spirit, Italian Runes

From: Jon Thorvaldson <Jon.Thorvaldson.4851_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:26:56 +0200

Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net> wrote:

>Ew, I just thought of something....since Humakt gets Sever Spirit
>Reusably...does that mean that initiates can cast it once a year! Ick!

I do not think so. In CoP it is specifically astated that Initiates can not get SS, and that Rune Lords get it as a one-use spell. It would make sense as death should not be dealt with that easily, even (especially?) by Humakti.

On Paolo Guccione's Rune Magic System, I feel that it should either be stricter, more like the RQ system when you pray for specific spells, or looser, where you sacrifice POW for 'divine favor' which can then be sacrificed for spell effects. Keeping track of how many Runes the chatracter got feels a little too much of Game-system-logic to me.

        The idea of spending time and silver to learn Rune spells is good, though, but I would play it more like prayer and sacrifice to gain <god>'s favor.

        I wonder what a Lhankor Mhy would think about the Digest?

        Jon Thorvaldson
        Blodstensv.1
        S-75258 Uppsala
        Sweden