seal hsunchen

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:17:27 -0500

> I think some of the RW Inuit regard the seal as an important totem, so
> I'd say seal Hsunchen seem likely around the coast of the White Sea. They
> could at least run into the Pentans or Erigians and maybe even the Lunars,
> although otherwise it's a pretty remote location.

        I considered these possibilities when I was doing some background thinking for the Last IceBreaker series. Unfortunately, I came up with: 1) Southern shore of the White Sea/Pent. These guys would be wiped out by   the nomadic Pentans, who are much more numerous. It's a matter of being   slowly worn down by various differnt tribes over the centuries. Yes, the   Inuit are sort of nomadic, but the Pentans have horses which make them   faster and more dangerous.
2) Northen shore of the White Sea. This area is sufficiunetly cold to give   serious advantages to the Uzhim (Snow Trolls). Inuit-like peoples would   wiped out unles they 'joined up', and became a mixed people (like the   Kitori in Heortland).
3) Erigia. Most of this area was elf forest before the SkyBurn. Afterwards   you have Pentan/Pentan-like Char'un wandering around (see part 1, above).   I do think that there might have been wolf Hsunchen (_not_ Telmori) about.   They could have lived outside/in the fringes of the forests, and survived   in small numbers. Being tied to wolves, they would be more nomadic than   seal types, and able to avoiud extinction be the Char'un. Particularly   if the've got some big, ugly wolf shamans lurking about....

                Andrew

Drink kalikos-Koolers!