Wind Power

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:35:52 +1000

G'day all,

Wind Power

TTrotsky_at_aol.com writes, of windmills:

>As far as I recall, in the RW, the windmill as we know it was invented
>in the 16th century, so this seems a fair bet. Unless you mean those
>little medieval post-windmill thingies which frankly wouldn't look very
>impressive as temple decoration (and certainly ain't a tower anyway). I
>suppose they could use windmills purely as a means of decoration, but
>that doesn't seem very likely IMO.

I don't think know if the Orlanthi of Sartar have windmills, but in my gonzo-troopers-trash-Sartar tournament 'Rune Metal Jacket', the hapless PCs march off to hang an Orlanthi outlaw from a 'Cursing Tower' at Picnic Rock. The rebels have constructed a number of these towers, which have windsock-like arrangements on the top of them which supposedly blow curses upon those in their path (Fort Equinox, where the PCs come from).

To paraphrase the tournament: as the Lunar PCs approach Picnic Rock, it becomes a lot windier than before, and then cursing towers appear, their windsocks moaning and wailing eerily in the breeze. Suddenly, a chill creeps over the PCs, and things start to go wrong: someone stubs a toe, someone else drops their shield, an armour strap breaks, a strange sense of foreboding permeates the air. Hmm, must be those towers...

The towers are approximately 15 meters high and made of a number of sapling trunks lashed together as a sort of tripod.

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.1010011-001.1101-pav] Solid waste is excreted by Dwarves as geometrically perfect cubes. Their latrine pits are uniformly filled, layer by layer, until full, when they are permitted to dry out and are then used as paved entertaining areas.

Michael O'Brien
48 Barcelona Street BOX HILL Victoria 3128 Australia telephone: +61-3-9899-8539

    email: mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au