Telmori are not chaotic

From: Thomas Gottschall <Telmori_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:38:19 +0200

Hi everyone,

first I want to thank Nick Brooke and Peter Metcalfe who help me here a lot and who made this (maybe final) theory of the Telmori possible.

In the First Age the Telmori got the blessing of tuning to manwolves on wilddays from Nysalor, the bright one because he wanted to help his warriros. This blessing was of no chaotic kind ! We could transform if we wished without using our precious spells. When Gbaji first came in an unknown form he perceived that he couldn't win agains the blessed one because Nysalor was so good to everyone. So he invented a trick and became the Deceiver. Since he couldn't destroy the blessing given by Nysalor, he changed it (cursed it in the form of Talor, the laughing Warrior). The curse was chaotic, since Gbaji is chaotic but that's not the reason why people think that we Telmori are chaotic. His curse was that every blessed Telmori must assume the appearance of a manwolf on wilddays and that he can no longer control himself while he is a manwolf. Further the curse made the blessing to look like chaotic but that was Gbaji's next trick. He wanted to show that a deity which grants chaotic powers to its worshippers must also be chaotic. So the Deceiver deceived many and Nysalor lost many friends who were blinded. The Trollkin curse was the next trick of Gbaji who "proved" that way that again Nysalor can't be such a good diety if he cast such curses against his former friends. Gbaji's greatest fear was Arkat who perceived Gbaji as an evil demon. So Gbaji plotted to destroy both foes at the same time. He "helped" Nysalor and Arkat, so that in the end only very few remained. At Arkat's and Nysalor's last battle one of them won but Gbaji slew the other assumed his form; thus he deceived the world again. Then Gbaji gave the trolls a Kingdom (he was in his last form as Arkat) and disappeared.
I don't know by know how this is connected to the ability of the Arkati to spot Illuminates, but since they must hate them (Illumination was a gift of Nysalor to further universal peace) it suits good Gbaji's role.

I take the cult write-up of Telmor in DORASTOR as an error. Why should Telmor be tied to the chaos rune ? He doesn't grant very much chaotic power, does he ?

In defense of Telmori:
I hope this is the last time... When is someone a chaotic ? I think he is one, if he worships a deity which is connected to primal chaos (i.e. has the chaos rune). So he has the possiblity to worship primal chaos and gain chaotic features. Right ? But, has anyone out there heard of Telmori who worship primal chaos and who have chaotic features ? NO, because there are none. Every Telmori who accepted the blessing detects by the curse of Gbaji as chaotic while he isn't.

Gbaji deceives even now !
I think Illumination was also cursed by Gbaji. Nysalor designed it to bring peace to all. So it could only protect from the hatred of either chaos or order, depending on the point of view. But when Nysalor was dying Gbaji stole his secrets and perverted it so that it is now chaotic while it hides chaos. It permits the Illuminated to deceive even the gods and their friends. It makes chaos undetectable and fools even spirits of reprisal. So beware of Illumination and kill all who ask strange question for they are the agants of Gbaji !

bye