Light Cheaters

From: Thomas Doniol-Valcroze <tconrad_at_orbital.fr>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 14:32:05 +0200

Hi all! Just a short thanks ans kudos:

Me:
>>So what should I do? Tell my player "Take a year off and study your
>>writing skills" ?
>>What would you do?

Peter Metcalfe:
>Bribery.
>
>Failing that, one could make friends with the Priest adminstering
>the exam and get him to tell you the text he's going to make you
>read. You can then get someone to read you the text so you can
>commit it to memory. You then also need to take acting lessons so
>that you can declaim the text while giving the impression that you
>are actually reading it.

I don't think bribery would work with a Priest of Yelmalio, but the second idea is just great! I can see it already. Light Servants have to serve a Priest, rigth? If this Priest really wants to see his pupil get acolyte status, he just have to be the one to give him the text.
"You trust me, boy? Then learn that by heart. It has nothing to do with tomorrow's exam, of course."

Thanks, Peter.

And, by the way, wonderful musings about Cetacean Hsunshens. If anybody need technical details...

Yours, Thomas.