Vat fe faman told me

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:25:58 +0100

"You fee, young man, onf upon a time ve vere fe greateft of fe Fildren of fe Fea, and ruled vifely. But fen one day Fea Otter fe Trickfter ftole fe tufkf of half fe family of fe Valruf Fieftain after putting fem to fleep viv forfery.

Vey vere afamed, and horrified, and afraid ov fe future. Fo vey vent to Lobfter Voman, fo if ve vifeft fipirit of fe Fea, in her hut far down below fe deepeft reevf, and afked for aid.

"Vell", fe faid, "I cannot bring vatf ftolen by Fea Otter back, for no one can. But I can put a cuf on him and hif defendatf af punifment, and I can tell you how to manadge vifout your tufkf."

"Pleafe", vey begged her, "do fo, and you vill have much feafell jewelry"

And fo fe put a cuf on Fea Otter, fo dat half hif fonf loft veir fkinf, and afamed of feir nakedneff fey crept afore, to live on fe Dry Floor. Finf fey vere vicked, and vickednef findf a vay, fey furvived.

And fo fe told fe fonf ov fe Valruf Fieftain vat vey muft do. Fey vould borrow fe tufkf of veir broverf and fifterf vo ftill had fufkf, haf fe time. And fen veir broverf and fifterf vould live on fe fore. And ve over half of fe time, vey vould live on fe fore vemfelvef. Fo furvive, vey learnt fertain fingf from fe Fea Otterf vo lived on fe Dry Floor, and now called vemselvef "humanf". But vey learnt nofing vicked, becauf vey vere a noble people. Vey are our anfeftorf.

Vatf vy ve knock out ve infiforf of all fildren ven vey become grown-upf, fo ve tufkf can grow on ve holy dayf. Holy men, like me, have exftra tufkf borrowed from noble anfeftorf, sinf everyfing ve famanf fay, ve fpiritf muft be able to underftand, overvife fey vould be angered."

With thanks to Richard Crawley,

"The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea-green boat..."
>From "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear

Erik Sieurin
bv9521_at_utb.hb.se
Bodagatan 39, 2 tr