Orlanthi warriors converting to 7Moms?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 1 May 97 23:23 MET DST

Nick Brooke on Yanafali:
>I'd like to add here that I completely agree with Andrew's formulation of
>the difference between the Heartland cult of Yanafal Tarnils (army
>officers) and the Provincial cult of "Yanafal Tarnils of the Seven Mothers"
>(heroic individual scimitarsmen: "adventurers", for want of a better word).

I guess a lot of these are ersatz-Orlanth Adventurous worshippers who saw the wisdom in the Lunar Way. Many converts in the Provinces ought to gravitate towards Yanafal, IMO - projecting all their barbarian concepts of honour to this cult. The officer cult does play a certain role in this popularity, giving a splendid example of good and honourable conduct (at least the majority tries to). And in Tarsh this might have worked the other way around as well, explaining Fazzur's large following of crack officers. (But then Tarsh has also spawned the Phargantites.)