Too many things to list

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 19:57:02 -0400

Damn, I just wrote about four responses to some old digests, and then lost them. Here's a quick resume' from memory:
The Game-Destroying-DI was far too generous. IMG CA can DI the initiate to the nearest temple, or heal a large number of characters in contact with the initiate, Orlanth or Mastakos can DI a larger group, but can only heal the initiate, OR one person in contact.

I have previously stated that IMG there is NO RANGED HEALING of any description, I view this as fundamentally impossible. Must ask Greg.

Gloranthan compasses - You actually need three different compasses to pin your location exactly, two will tell you that you are somewhere on a circular line between the two compass points. eg. if they point at right-angles to each other, you are on a semicircular line from one to the other, if they are at an acute angle, the circlular segment is more than a semicircle.
See http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs/Compass.PNG
Old Wind Temple: The windmill is a big MPME-charger, converting wind power into magic points!

>On Paolo Guccione's Rune Magic System, ... Keeping track of how many
>Runes the character got feels a little too much of Game-system-logic to
>me.

Not to me. I rather like it, it adds flavour to the character sheet, giving some indication of what direction the character's powers tend to go.

>a travelling, adventurer Hsunchen may find as they move further
>from the lands of their birth, and the influence of the totem of their
>land and tribe, that their form may gradually start to alter until they
>adopt the new forms of the totems of their new lands.

So why didn't the Telmori change into Alynx-Hsunchen when they came to Sartar? Maybe because they travelled as a nomadic group, and brought their animal-spirits with them?

>What's the crosspiece on the Death rune?

What's the upright, for that matter. The classic explanation is that it's a sword, so the crosspiece would be the handguard. It could just as well be a set of scales, with the crosspiece being pivoted in the middle.

>"Listen, you are not breaking your vows because you are
>not helping the Orlanthi but you are helping me. I never wanted you to
>help them, I just demand that you obey me. So let's kill this broos for
>Yelmalios sake !"

Perhaps a military unit like this should undergo a ritual whereby the theological fallout of any actions dictated by the commander rests with the commander, and not the troops? That way, the soldier is not breaking the geas, and only the commander would suffer if he ordered his troops to sneak around in darkness.

regarding Trotsky - I don't see this as "anonymous", after all, we have his email address and can flame him back if need be!
I B E L I E V E I N S A N D Y !

I just wish he'd send me his Sorcery rules, that he promised me months ago! I think he's busy with Quake 2. Last I heard, id were looking for a cool name for it.

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs Tamworth, UK

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |