blues

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 15:49:57 +1200

David Cake:

> No information on the Veldang in there, though. Some in TOTRM #12,
>in a Paul Reilly scenario, but I'm not sure how widely shared Pauls ideas
>are, and besides, they refer to native Veldang, not the Veldang slaves of
>Fonrit, who might be quite a different situation.

I dislike the Veldang society presented in ToTRM #12. IMO it's far too airy-fairy with the 'we know everything but do nothing about it' ethic. I mean why bother? Sandy (whom I believe in) has mentioned in the past that the Blues of Serrapu lake (sp?) have a culture centred around knife making and he's also spoken of a tent city of Blues near the Nargan (who didn't know of Artmal). Given this, I'm inclined to say the Blues of Zamokil are extremely varied in culture which may stem from them being different fragments of an long collapsed Empire (ie the knife makers would have been a weaponsmith clan).