telmori answers

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 00:20:10 +1200

Thomas Gottschall:

>2. What is the Wolfbear ? Is it a mythic creature that sleeps or is it
>Harrek or even something else ?

Supposedly a mythical creature. It lies in a cave near Dorasta Shrine although what happens to people who go down there, I've no idea.

>3. What is the connection of Telmori towards the Wolfpirates ?

None. The Wolf Pirates are descended from the Ygglings (ie Vikings) who are not Telmori. The Wolf Pirates recieved their name after their leader Orstando Black Wolf who had his ship's prow carved in the shape of a wolf and had a wolf skin mounted on it. After his death, he was bound into the prow so that he could 'stand watch, offer advice, and help hold the ship together' [ToTRM#10].