Ralios campaign, telling time

From: GBailey_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 19:35:01 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy,
I'm new to the list. I recently started a Rolemaster campaign in Glorantha in the northern Ralios region
(RM is the system the players wanted). The PCs are
in the army at a frontier post guarding the road going to High Llama Pass, their jurisdiction doesn't go that far, though. The players have never played in Glorantha.

Two of the three players are hack-n-slashers so it's getting more disappointing to show them the "wonders" of Glorantha and have them not care. I first introduced them to broos, and since they were led by an NPC "sargeant" he told them to burn everything and not touch anything. A mistake on my part, a problem with diseases would have given them worry. But I have another chaos horror waiting for them... a Jack O-Bear. :)

My question has to do with telling time in Glorantha, especially in the Ralios region. I asked this in the RM mailing list as a general question and learned that water clocks have been around for a long time. Are they, or any other time device, operating in Glorantha? I ask this since one of the h-n-s'ers "demanded" to know how long, in hours and minutes, since a group passed through the area. I told him before sunset
(is that Yelmset?) it was currently after sunset,
but this was not good enough. I finally gave in, but now realized I should have made him try a Time Sense (RM skill) roll. Actually, the witness should have attempted it (and failed of course).

Glen