Pantheon Worship

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 16:29:15 -0400

Ok, we kinda got the whole "Orlanthi Pantheon Worship" thing out of our system. It seemed that the general concensus was, "It kind of makes sense to worship the Pantheon as a whole, but you need to have a 'main' deity. The rest are just associates, and somehow or another, they get strength from you being associated to them."

However, the "Yanafal Tarnils is BOTH an independent cult and a subcult of the 7-mommies" solution is just bonkers. (IMHO) In my game, for better or for worse, I'm just going to play that "At one point, each of the seven mommies were a subcult of "the Seven Mothers", but as they grow in strength they will be worshiped less togethor, and more as independent cults."

So, yes, YT USED to be a subcult, but it has grown to strong and powerful to be treated that way. All the seven moms (And the Red Goddess, etc.) are assoc. cults, but it would cheapen the cult to call it a sub-cult. (Though really, the distinctions are quite hazy...)

However, perhaps in parts of the empire where it's not powerful, (Say, there isn't a couple of regiments stationed there) you're going ot find it as a shrine in the 7moms temple. Perhaps even in the same city you can find "different looking" versions of it-but it's the variety that I like in Glorantha.