Seven Mommies

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 23:42:48 -0400

> From: "Carlson, Pam" <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>

<snip>

> Does that fit in your Glorantha?

Yes, it does. I like that description alot and hope I can remember it if I'm confronted by PC's. (Joe, Thad, write that down and don't ask me about it...)

One question though: The Seven Mothers is a cheap attempt to undermine the Lightbringers and bring Orlanthi/Barbarians into the evil clutches of the Lunar Empire. Is it working, or do those brain addled Barbarians blabber on endlessly using loaded words like "cheap", "evil", "chaotic", "dishonerable", and "untraditional"?

I can understand WHY the Lunars would think it would work, and HOW they think it would work, but I also see the Orlanthi scoffing at it, laughing, and more or less acting like drunk Vikings at a Revival Tent. (i.e. "Where's da women, where's da booze?")

So, how affective is the cult of the Seven Mothers at converting the Orlanthi? Say, in the Holy Country or Dragon Pass.