Re: dragonewt NPCs

From: GBailey_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 20:52:25 -0400 (EDT)

>> His conversations will have short sentences and will get better over time.
>
> Perhaps you could try dropping occasional words from the sentances.
> Try: "Perhaps you try dropping occasional words from sentances". hmmm?

At first it wouldn't even have that many words.

Background: PCs killed a Jack O'Bear (was a close one as he had harmonized 5 of the 6 characters), this JoB had killed the Noble Dragonewt previously so the N.D. was hunting it. PCs killed JoB.

A week later they run into N.D. (and friends) but N.D. smells JoB on PC that killed it so make friends. N.D. says something like "Squashhead kill me. You kill squashhead. You friend this dragonewt." (sounds like Indians from old westerns, but hopefully gets point across, btw, by what other names would JoBs be called?). It was a dwarf that killed the JoB. Aren't dwarves and dragonewts at odds with one another? (but then, what race isn't at odds with others?)

> As to names (warning! pun alert!);
> That which Tastes Buds
> Learn New Tongues
> Master Feeds Omnivores

I had no intention of being this silly. Can dragonewts be silly?

Glen