Prax, Tada, New Pavis and questions

From: carolyn mckinney <kone_at_xsite.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 13:17:48 -0700

About New Pavis and Prax
  How big are the Five Great Tribes of Prax? I'm confused by all the herbivores and the fact that Prax is considered to be a 'wasteland.' The landscape seems to imply small tribes. I wonder then how much intermingling goes on between the tribes, in regards to: decisions affecting the whole, migration patterns, etc.   I was wondering what year New Pavis was founded? I run a game that is set sometime after the destruction of the OOO but before ghost dragonnewts opened the gates at Big Rubble. All I have to go on about Pavis is a cover for a supplement I don't own: "River of Cradles," the architecture looks vaguely like that of Pueblo Mesas in SW America or Jeruselem.   What's up with Tada's High Tumulus? I have lately been influenced by Hidden Cities by Roger G. Kennedy. The cover alone is worth gauking at. For those of you unfamiliar: In the fore and background are two huge earth mounds on which rest long houses. Between them a huge common field where a ball court is and smaller mounds dot the land beyond the larger ones. Many residential long houses lie in between. The architecture may be reminiscent of Tada's culture. The mounds may serve many functions: one for the debate houses for priest's and initiates of Waha to discuss law, one for the marking of time, many for the storage of grain in baskets on platforms, others for the potter's kiln. What do you guy's think about this?
  Who lives in Cornflu? What is there culture like? Are these people like those in Pavis?

Arthur Reyes