Sartar Tribe Sizes and Acreage

From: Joseph Troxell <jmt107_at_psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 22:40:16 -0400

I'm thinking of working up a 1621 Sartar campaign. I've come up with a list of questions. These may be all contained in some OOP or even an In print Source, but if it does, I don't have it.
  1. There are 24 tribes. How many clans in a tribe, and how many people in a clan?
  2. What ratio of "healthy working adults" to "those not fit to work (aged, infirm, young)" exists?
  3. How much acreage (or square mileage) does one person require to farm enough food to feed themselves for one year? From this, I can extrapolate out how much land a clan needs for farming.

If anyone has even just ballpark figures for these numbers, it would be much appreciated.